Speaking Tour: Resisting the Right-Wing Offensive
2017 Speaking Tour
Resisting the Right-Wing Offensive: Lesson's from El Salvador's Grassroots
Norma Ramos, activist, organizer, and the coordinator of the Popular Resistance Movement (MPR-12) will be criss-crossing the country in October & November to share organizing victories from rural communities and campesinx movements in El Salvador, including the historic ban on metallic mining!
Join CISPES chapters to learn about:
- How environmental defenders in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala are teaming up to develop regional resistance to militarization and transnational corporations
- The Salvadoran social movement´s role in transforming the country under the first leftist government & the importance of upcoming elections in 2018 and 2019
- How the right-wing is trying to destabilize El Salvador to take back control – and what the US Embassy is doing to help them
- How YOU can be part of the struggle!
Seattle, WA (October 29-31): For more information, contact [email protected]
- Sunday, October 29 at Casa Latina in Seattle, Washington. Check out the Facebook event to RSVP and share!
San Francisco Bay Area (November 1-3): For more information, contact [email protected]
- Friday, November 3 at 3:00PM at St. Anthony's. Check out the Facebook event to RSVP & share!
Washington, DC: For more information, contact [email protected]
- Monday, November 6 at 8:00 pm at the Elliott School of International Affairs. Check out the Facebook event to RSVP & share!
- Tuesday, November 7 at 6:00 pm at St. Stephens Church in Washington, DC
Boston, MA: For more information, contact [email protected]
- Wednesday, November 8 at 6:00-8:00 PM at GreenRoots in Chelsea, MA. Norma will join Gaspar Sánchez, Sexual Diversity & Rights Equality Coordinator of COPINH (Civic Council of Popular and Indigenous Organizations of Honduras). Check out the Facebook event to RSVP and spread the word
- Thursday, November 9 at 6:30-9:00PM at 48 Antrim Street, Cambridge, MA. (Central Square T) RSVP & info at [email protected].
Tuscon, AZ (Nov 11-12): School of the Americas Watch Border Encuentro