Now Hiring: Grassroots Fundraising Director
Are you passionate about challenging US and corporate intervention in Latin America? Do you have experience raising money for movement work? Consider applying to be our new Grassroots Fundraising Director!
CISPES doesn't take a dime from corporations, governments, or big foundations – which is why robust grassroots fundraising from individual donors and members is so critical! We’re hiring a Development Director to expand our fundraising systems and to support members of the fundraising team. This is an exciting opportunity to lead development work for our five-year strategic growth plan. You’ll play a key role in securing funds to start new chapters so we can more effectively confront intensified US intervention and border militarization in the region.
Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Start Date: Summer 2017
Develop fundraising campaigns (50%)
- Coordinate primary fundraising programs, including major donor, direct mail, phonebank, online, and sustainer
- Write creative, informative, and motivating materials and donor correspondence (appeals, thank you letters, annual reports)
- Solicit donations from major donors in person and over the phone
- Conduct and/or oversee research on individual donor prospects
- Analyze results of fundraising campaigns and implement strategies for improvement
Support fundraising team & CISPES members (35%)
- Lead a national fundraising team with staff members based in DC, Boston, Los Angeles and Seattle
- Provide training and support for staff in developing messaging, cultivating donor relationships, and carrying out fundraising programs
- Develop and facilitate skill-building workshops for CISPES’ volunteers and members, including for national activist gatherings and trainings
Manage finances & information systems (15%)
- Maintain donor database, produce data files for mailings and phonebanks, and support data entry staff
- Prepare budget reports and oversee cash flow as a member of the Finance Team
An ideal applicant would possess the following qualifications:
- A passion for social justice, international solidarity, and our mission; knowledge of Central American politics and solidarity movements a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in grassroots or individual gift fundraising
- Comfort and confidence asking individuals for donations in person and on the phone
- Experience leading a team and supporting staff and/or volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization, initiative and self-motivation; ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Willingness to play versatile roles and learn new skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams and participate in group decision-making
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Strong conversational English; Spanish language skills a plus
- Commitment for at least 2 years
Salary: This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $30,840 (with an annual cost-of-living adjustment) and competitive employee benefits (including no employee contribution to health care premiums, generous paid vacation, stipends for childcare, other dependent care and transgender health care-related costs) . CISPES operates on an equal pay scale for all staff .
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and three references’ contact information by email to [email protected] or by regular mail to: Janae Choquette, CISPES National Office, 1525 Newton St. NW, Washington DC 20010. Please reference “Grassroots Fundraising Director” in your application.
CISPES is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. People of color, women, queer folks, lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.