This spring join our US-El Salvador labor solidarity efforts!
- US Labor Tour // February 3-13: Salvadoran labor leaders speak out on their campaign to defeat US-sponsored Public-Private Partnership (P3) Law!
- Online Petition // Sign Today: Tell US Ambassador Aponte to stop pushing privatization on El Salvador!
- Labor Delegation // May 1: March against US-sponsored privatization alongside 75,000 Salvadoran workers on the CISPES May Day Delegation to El Salvador!
Today, Salvadoran workers are fighting hard against sweeping US-backed, privatization legislation called the Public-Private Partnership Law, while US workers are fighting the corporate welfare state here in the US. In this critical moment to support workers' rights, union jobs and public services around the globe, CISPES is working hard to reinforce historic Salvadoran-US labor relationships and build new ones. Cross-border solidarity is essential to push back against the US government-transnational corporate alliance seeking to sell the workers, residents and resources of both our countries down the river.
In February, two leaders of El Salvador’s organized labor movement will tour the US to share experiences and strategies in the transnational fight for workers’ rights. They will discuss their current campaign against the US-sponsored Public-Private Partnership Law (P3), which threatens to put the last of El Salvador’s public services and industries on the corporate chopping block. Get more background on the P3 with this video and factsheet. Follow the tour on Twitter and Facebook!
Jaime Rivera, leader of the historic Electrical Utility Workers Union, (STSEL) will tour the East Coast. Click here for a speaker's bio and updated tour event info.
- DC - February 3-5
- New York City - February 6-7
- Boston - February 8-9
- Philadelphia - February 11
Alex Gomez, Treasurer of the Federation of Public Sector Workers (FESTRASPES), will tour the West Coast. Click here for a speaker's bio and updated tour event info.
- Seattle – February 3-4
- Olympia, WA – February 5
- Portland, OR – February 6
- Santa Cruz, CA – February 7-8
- San Francisco – February 9-11
- Los Angeles – February 12-13
Email [email protected] or [email protected] if your union or labor organization is interested in solidarity action with Salvadoran unions. Several unions and labor councils have already passed resolutions to support Salvadoran labor movement mobilizing against the P3. These are first of many more labor solidarity commitments to come out of February's Labor Tour!
Sign this online petition today to denounce the US strong-arm tactics to force the P3 or Public-Private Partnership Law in El Salvador. We made a splash when we delivered the first 1,000 names to the US Embassy in El Salvador- help us get to 2,000 in time for the May Day delegation!
► Join the May Day Labor Solidarity Delegation to El Salvador!
Download a flyer, infosheet and application // Email [email protected] for more information.
- Share strategies to defend the public sector and union jobs with Salvadoran union leaders.
- Speak out against US economic and political intervention.
- Learn about labor organizing and building popular power under the country’s FIRST leftist government.
- Take to the streets with over 75,000 workers on International Workers’ Day!