Hiring part-time positions in grassroots fundraising
Are you passionate about challenging US and corporate intervention in Latin America? Do you have experience raising money for movement work (or are excited to learn these skills)? Consider applying for a part-time phonebank position with CISPES, the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador!
Position is based in the Bay Area, though remote positions will be considered.
CISPES is a national organization that has been supporting the Salvadoran people's struggle for social and economic justice since 1980. Through speaking tours, campaigns, creative actions, and delegations, our local chapters organize to oppose unjust US policies and corporate exploitation in Central America and to accompany the Salvadoran popular movement in its visionary work to build a better world.
We do all of this without taking money from corporations, governments, or big foundations - which is why robust grassroots fundraising from individual donors and members is so critical!
The main role of this position is to make calls to our grassroots phone list, update supporters on our campaign (currently, to cut U.S. military and police aid to El Salvador), and pitch them to increase their financial and political support of CISPES. The phonebank is one of our primary grassroots fundraising programs helping to ensure funds for the national organization.
This job is a part-time, hybrid position (7-10 hours per week). Schedule is flexible but calling takes place during afternoons and/or evenings during the week, depending on location; weekend shifts are also available, and some time will need to be spent calling from the office in San Francisco. Hourly pay is $20 per hour.
* National Phonebank: calling a portion of our national donor base list to update supporters and ask them to donate over the phone.
* National Collaboration: Regular coordination meetings with the Phonebank Coordinator and participate in bimonthly team meetings to share strategies and updates.
* Record-keeping: Maintain thorough records of fundraising phone calls, credit card donations and check pledges, send pledge reminders at the end of each call shift.
* Some experience fundraising
* Comfort and confidence in asking individuals for donations over the phone
* Basic understanding of the political and social issues of Latin America especially the US role in Central America militarily and economically
* Political beliefs that are compatible with the goals of the organization
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly on the phone
* High level of organization
* High level of initiative and self-motivation; ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
* Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and possibly weekends
* Strong conversational English
* Commitment for at least 6 months
* Fundraising experience with phone banking and/or canvassing
* Experience with grassroots organizing and/or solidarity work
* Administrative skills
* Bilingual English/Spanish speaker
* Knowledge of CISPES and the history and politics of El Salvador
CISPES is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. BIPOC, women, LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three references' contact information to Leti Morales at [email protected]. Deadline to apply is September 8, 2023. With any questions, call (202) 521-2510 ext. 205